- Tenchi Muyo! GXP (天地無用! GXP Tenchi Muyō!, Jī Ekkusu Pī): Galaxy Police Transporter, released in Japan in 2002, is a direct spinoff of Tenchi Muyo OVA. The main character of this 26-episode TV series is Seina Yamada, a boy who is forced by his family to join the Galaxy Police. Unlike all previous Tenchi Muyo! incarnations, which were licensed by Geneon, GXP was licensed in the United States by FUNimation Entertainment (along with the third OVA series) and was released on DVD from March to December 2004 (when Geneon later ended their distribution of DVDs, FUNimation later rescued most of the other Tenchi titles).
- The director of the series was Shinichi Watanabe, the director of Excel Saga and Puni Puni Poemy.
Tenchi Muyo! GXP was originally broadcast in Japan during 2002, where all 26 episodes were initially aired from April 3 to September 25. The episodes were also slightly edited for airing on Japanese TV with some changes in content for the DVD releases.
Tenchi Muyo GXP contains several references to Masaki Kajishima's earlier works, besides Tenchi Muyo!:
- Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure protagonist Kazuki Yotsuga shares the same name as Tenchi's great-great-grandfather. It is revealed in the GXP novels that Dual!'s universe is directly linked with GXP's and that GXP's protagonist Yamada Seina is Dual!'s Kazuki Yotsuga's reincarnation as Dual!'s events happened many many years prior to GXP.
- The Shank pirate guild (or "Shiunk", depending upon translation) were originally the main villains of the hentai series Spaceship Agga Ruter.
- The mecha that appears near the end of the series bears a striking resemblance to Dual!'s Zinv. The truth is that GXP's Zinv is indeed the exact same Zinv from Dual!'s, only that many years have passed since then.
- The title of episode 24 is a direct reference to Dual , which is a parallel universe to the Tenchi OVA universe.
- In Kajishima's third GXP novel, he has characters who have "twins" in Dual! (one seen on the cover). A majority of the girls on the novel covers are the main heroines in Dual!, and the ones that show up on the GXP novels are their reincarnations reuniting with Seina (GXP's protagonist) who is the reincarnation of Kazuki (Dual!'s protagonist).
- In episode 20, Neige comments the giant ants chasing the girls on Jurai might be bugrom (an El Hazard reference)
- When Seiryo Tennan's original good luck pirate ship, Unko was launching first time, the ship is briefly shown firing up its main engine nozzel. The ship's nozzel is parody of Space Cruiser Yamato.
- In the English dubbed version of Tenchi Muyo GXP, the last episode, the original Japanese language theme of "GXP is heard in final scene of the show.